Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Nana

We want to wish happy birthday to Tina. Of course, she would definitely have been known as "Nana" to Jackson. Although a lady never reveals her age, Tina would have been 60 today. She was planning to retire last summer and we often joke that we would have had to beat her off with a stick - she would have probably moved into our basement to be closer to Jackson! When we cleaned out her closet, we found a pile of books (many with "grandma" in the title) that we assume were meant for her "to-be-created" grandchildren. Amidst the hustle and bustle of our daily lives, we try to remember to talk to Jackson about his Nana and the wonderful woman that she was. Happy Birthday Tina! We miss you very much.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a sweet picture that is! I think of Tina many times a day. Her spirit is with me as I work with the kids she loved so much. She always encouraged me and gave me the wisest advice in some of the toughest times. I know how proud she would be of the parents you are to Jackson. Each time I see him, I will tell him about his precious Nana. Love you all so much!